Karpaha Sands is a luxury boutique hotel made of tents located on Kalkudah Bay in the East Coast of Sri Lanka (between Passikudah and Batticaloa). www.karpahasands.com
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Engineer
As a Carpenter you will be responsible to maintain and repair furniture, wooden decks, ceilings and other elements of carpentry in guest bungalows, common areas and staff areas, meeting the high quality requirements a luxury hotel and operating in a beach/marine environment, both responsively and proactively.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repair/maintain/replace as required all wooden items such as furniture, wooden ceilings/wall, beams/rafters, wooden floors/decks, doors, etc
- Sand, polish, waterproof, coat wooden parts or furniture.
- Design, cut, build, assemble/disassemble wooden parts or furniture.
- Adjust/trim doors, windows, frames, locks, handles, etc
- Maintain, manage and keep records of inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Plan ahead the ordering of supplies to ensure nothing runs out and keep
- Identify and prevent any wood at risk of infestation by termites
- Plan and schedule regular maintenance with monthly/annual schedules
- Recommend/perform pro-active and preemptive maintenance and repairs
- Keep track in a logbook of repairs made, report to management
- Be highly responsive to repair requests
Skills / Pre-requisites
- Minimum 8 years of carpentry work experience
- Past experience as carpenter in resort/hotel is a plus
- Strive for perfection and high quality
- Mastering of all carpentry skills, including sanding, trimming, cutting, assembling, disassembling, polishing, coating, coloring/staining, etc
- Ability to work with various carpentry tools/machines and materials
- Planning skills for regular/schedule maintenance and supplies
- Team work, positive attitude, willing to go above and beyond duties
- Strong sense of initiative, pro activity and autonomy
- Loyal and willing to work long term at our hotel
- Able to communicate in English and Sinhalese (Tamil on top is a plus)
- Technical schooling in the art of carpentry
The successful candidate will enjoy attractive remuneration package, service charge, duty meals, on site lodging, at least 2 sets of uniforms.
|If you qualify, please send a CV and your salary expectation to email@example.com|
|mentioning the position you are applying for in the subject line (“Carpenter job”)|
- Address Kimbula Thona Kalkudah Beach, KIRAN
- Career Level Skilled
- Minimum Experience 8 Years +
- Qualification O Level
- Gender Male