Deputy General Manager
Based in Sri Lanka
DIC seeks a Deputy General Manager to manage and oversee the Printing Ink business operations in DIC Lanka. The successful incumbent must have relevant experience in Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing
& Operations and Financial Management. This leadership position will be based in Sri Lanka and reports to the General Manager, DIC Lanka. The incumbent will play a key role in providing leadership on the development and execution of the Company strategy and continuously generating and creating shareholder’s value. Besides being accountable for the business performance and driving the business in a sustainable and profitable way, the incumbent is also expected to foster closer coordination within the various functions to achieve cohesiveness, synergy and operational excellence.
- General Management
- Lead and develop in conjunction with the Company’s direction relating to the Group’s strategy for continuous business growth;
- Initiate, execute and oversee the implementation of short, mid and long term plans and strategies;
- Lead and direct the operations to achieve the business goals and financial targets;
- Build a sustainable and effective organizational structure filled with talented resources with appropriate experience and leadership competencies;
- Ensure that the internal controls are established in accordance to DIC’s requirements and are both effective and working to protect the interest of the Group at all times;
- Identify and executes plans to mitigate business risks;
- Drive effective succession planning for key positions and ensure the development of existing talent and successors for sustainable development and growth of the business in Sri Lanka.
- Sales and Business Development
- Responsible for the achievement of the sales and financial targets in the business of DIC Lanka via assertive and forward looking business strategies to acquire and develop new customers and growth;
- Retain current customers and motivate them to further grow existing business and explore opportunities in new potential business segments;
- Conduct extensive market research and contribute to the development of new services based on industry trends, evolution and customers’ feedback and personal experience; Explore opportunities proactively in new business environments;
- Implement continuous sales performance evaluations and improvements, to ensure a high level of customer’s satisfaction and retention;
- Develop and strengthen the sales and marketing team in terms of technical knowledge, sales techniques, communication and motivation;
- Partner with the Operating and Administrative functions in the Company to drive closer collaboration to improve work productivity, effectiveness and efficiency;
- Drive effective succession plans for key positions and ensure development of existing talent;
- Re-enforce the Company’s vision and inspire the entire sales team towards a common goal through the deployment of appropriate people strategies and engagement;
- Accountable for the monthly reporting of sales activities and progress.
- Financial Management
- Responsible for preparing and achieving the assigned budget through a well-developed business strategy and effective cost management measures;
- Introduce a system of continuous monitoring for the tracking of sales revenue and associated costs to attain and achieve the budget targets as set;
- Ensure that all financial policies and processes are adhered and in compliance with local financial regulations as well as the Group’s requirements;
- Ensure that the financial management and statutory accounts are reported timely and accurately.
- Manufacturing / Operations Management
- Provide leadership to the manufacturing facility in Sri Lanka and implement value adding changes to achieve synergy and efficiency across all the functions in the Company;
- Establish and monitor the performance of the Company against standards and targets in areas such as manufacturing efficiency, cost control, sales revenue, legal compliance and human resource management;
- Direct all aspects of the operations in the region to ensure efficiency and performance in accordance with the corporate objectives, strategy and plans;
- Inspire operational excellence among all functions to ensure customers’ needs are achieved at a minimal cost level;
- Ensure the health and safety of our employees as well as our responsibility to our environment.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or equivalent;
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience as the Head of an organization with company-wide responsibilities in a manufacturing environment;
- Substantial and proven experience in functional areas of Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing & Operations and Financial Management;
- Excellent knowledge in the principles of leadership and business management;
- Sound working knowledge of Printing Inks and/or Chemical business;
- Good knowledge in key functions such as Sales & Marketing, Finance & Accounting, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Operations Management and Human Resource Management;
- Self-motivated and possess a strong drive to be challenged and to achieve with a strong willingness to learn;
- Assertive, proactive, results oriented and has the ability to identify opportunities for positive changes;
- Excellent people management, influencing and negotiation skills;
- Good command of English language in communication and presentation.
- Address 78 Shenton Way #19-01 Singapore 079120